Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCEs) are a highly specialized service that collects information on the physical abilities of an individual and determines his/her ability to perform specific work-related tasks.
Physicians, case managers, and employers are able to transition injured workers from disability to functional by utilizing FCEs.
- Can this person return to work safely?
- How severe is the client’s pain?
- What type of job can a person physically handle?
- What are a candidate’s safe lifting tolerances?
- What work accommodations could be made to allow this person back to work?
- What is the next appropriate step in regards to rehabilitation?
- What are the candidate’s cardiovascular and physical endurance limitations for working?
- What are positional tolerances for standing, sitting, walking?
FCEs are indicative of the following cases:
- Individuals that have been out of work because of an injury and their ability to return to work or not, needs to be determined.
- Eligibility for Social Security Disability benefits.
- For medical legal reasons.
These functional capacity evaluations are done on a one-on-one basis and last between 2 and 6 hours, depending on a patient’s needs.
Contact Us today at our Florence, SC location to learn how we can help your employees return to work quickly and safely!