- Sports Medicine
- Gait and Balance
- Preventative Medicine
Dr Edwin Belser holds a Doctorate of Physical Therapy and is a Board-Certified Specialist in Orthopedics with a passion for outpatient physical therapy. Dr Belser earned his Bachelor of Science from Clemson University in 2014 and his Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the Medical University of South Carolina in 2017, after completing orthopedic rotations throughout South Carolina, learning from various mentors.
Dr Belser has continued to pursue continuing educational opportunities since graduation, including a manual therapy certification and blood flow restriction certification. He enjoys working with a wide range of patients, from orthopedic injuries, gait and balance, preventative medicine, to neurological patients. He believes the underlying goals of rehab for all patients, from athletes to older adults, is to return the individual to their goals and highest potential. His treatments reflect his belief that the care of the therapist goes beyond simple rehab exercises and incorporates true lifestyle changes for meeting goals to fulfill each individual patient’s fullest potential. This requires a true patient centered approach, individualized to each patient’s needs and desires.
Dr Belser began working for ProMotion Rehab and Sports Medicine in June 2017, and has assisted in the company’s growth from 2 locations to the current 5 locations across South Carolina. He became a partner in ProMotion in 2020 and has continued to serve the populations of Florence and Williamsburg counties while practicing full-time in the Lake City location. Dr Belser is an active participant in the American Physical Therapy Association, including the Orthopedic Chapter, the Private Practice section, and the state chapter, as well as serving as a Federal Affairs Liaison and key contact between members of Congress and healthcare professionals regarding healthcare issues.
Outside of the clinic, Edwin enjoys spending time with his wife Frances and son Tripp, along with outdoor recreational activities such as boating, fishing, and hunting. Edwin is an avid Clemson fan, sports enthusiast, and outdoorsman.
- Clemson University- College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Life Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Medical University of South Carolina- College of Health Professions
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Post-Graduate Orthopedic Manual Therapy Certification (OMT-C)
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Medical University of South Carolina Orthopedic Manual Therapy Certification
- Owens Recovery Science Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Certification
- Institute of Clinical Excellence:
- Primary Care Physical Therapy
- Management of Lumbar Spine
Affiliations & Memberships
- Member - American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Member- South Carolina Chapter of APTA
- Member- Private Practice Section of APTA
- Member- Orthopedic Chapter of APTA