Dear Sir or Madam,
We are writing with exciting news that will directly impact the way we can treat and offer you care! We have partnered with an online telehealth platform called Anywhere Healthcare to offer virtual healthcare.
We may use this platform as a screening tool, for follow up appointments, wellness check-ins, exercise progression, and even for initial evaluations and treatments as accepted by provider and insurance.
We believe this will be an added enhancement to your patient experience at ProMotion. You will still receive the same impeccable quality of care, but it will be from the comfort, convenience, and safety of your own home or office.
We are really excited about the possibility to expand our reach as practitioners and to deliver more care to a wider scope of individuals. There are so many people who don’t live near a health center or are suffering too much to travel to one. If you are one of these individuals, we welcome you to a next level patient experience! We look forward to partnering with you and helping you to Move Better, Live Better and Play Better.
In health and gratitude,
Your Team at ProMotion Rehab and Sports Medicine
Scheduling Your Telehealth Appointment
If you are ready to set up your telehealth appointment, please use the button below and one of our Patient Relations Specialists will reach out to you shortly.>
Preparing for Your Telehealth Appointment
- Before your first appointment, please review and sign our consent form and fill out our patient intake form. (You can scan and email these to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or we can review your intake form with you during your first visit and have you give us verbal consent to treat you if you do not have a scanner available.)
- We can also email you a letter about what to expect or you can view it HERE.
How does Telehealth work…
- Each session will last about 30-40 minutes. During the session we will get an update on your condition and progress your program just like in a normal PT session. We will have you go through your exercises with 1-on-1 instruction and correction, if needed.
- If you are completing an evaluation via telehealth, this appointment may last closer to an hour so that we can obtain your history and complete an in-depth movement exam to determine which areas we need to focus on to achieve your goals
- Treatment will be conducted using video conferencing, and our team will be available to get you set up on our HIPAA compliant video conferencing platform, which is FREE to you
How do I get set up with video conferencing?
All that is needed on your part is to go to Anywhere.Healthcare, and click on “PATIENT SIGNUP” then follow the prompts to set up your account. Once you have set up your account, you will be able to log into the “Patient Portal” and select your provider. From there, you will be able to receive, request, approve, or modify appointment times.
There are no extra fees to use the telehealth platform, and the apps are free. You can access it on a Mac, PC, and every type of tablet or smartphone. We want to assure you it is fully HIPAA-compliant, like all electronic medical records in hospitals, which means your data is completely secure. Here are the links to the apps:
- Creating a video conferencing account only takes about 5 minutes, and your information will be secure inside our platform once your account is created
- To get set up, follow the directions below or call us today
- Go to anywhere.healthcare
- Choose Patient Sign Up and follow the prompts to create a password and enter basic demographic information.
- You will need a unique password to access your account in the portal for all appointments, so make sure to save it on your device or computer
- Note – your group insurance number is NOT required to request an appointment. If you have questions about whether your insurance will cover your visits, scroll down to our FAQs or contact us at one of our locations so that we can better assist you
- Once your account is created, choose ProMotion Rehab and Sports Medicine in the drop-down menu, request your provider and an appointment date/time inside the portal
- Your provider will either accept or modify your request to get you set up on the schedule, depending on their availability
- If you’re unsure that you’ve successfully created an account and made your request, please reach out to our Patient Relations Specialists in Florence or Lake City at (843) 407-0377 or (843) 374-0185, respectively.
- If you prefer another method of video conferencing, there are other options to receive telehealth services during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- If you are an Apple iPhone user, your visit can be conducted via FaceTime
- Zoom is also an option and does not require a log-in, but you do have to copy and paste a pre-generated passcode into the appointment link to access the video platform
- If you are comfortable using another tool, please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate you if possible.
- Keep in mind that these other options may not be as secure as our patient portal, meaning that your information may be more susceptible to hackers
Optimizing Your Telehealth Experience:
Telehealth may be something brand new for you and maybe you’re wondering what to expect as a patient! Here are some suggestions to have the best experience while connecting with your provider.
- Accessing the Software: See instructions above about accessing Anywhere Healthcare’s HIPAA-compliant video conference platform.
- Hardware Needs:
You will need a computer, tablet, or mobile device to access the software. Your provider will let you know what is best for you to use to connect with the software.
Your device must have a microphone (either internal or external) so that you can communicate with your provider.
Your device must also have a camera (either internal or external) so that you can be seen by your provider during the visit.
- 1. Internet connection/WiFi
Having a strong and solid internet connection is vital to having a positive telehealth experience. Some software performs well at a slow connection speed, but most do not. Ideally, your internet speed should be at least 15Mbps download and 5Mbps upload. Here is a link to check your speed!
If your speed is consistently slow, you may want to contact your internet provider and ask about getting faster service.
If your internet is not performing as it should, you may want to try a wired internet
connection. Using a cable connected directly to your router or modem can often be much faster.
Using your mobile device can also be a solution however, data plans and costs may limit usage.
For other ways to maximize your digital healthcare experience.
- Make yourself comfortable. Choose a location in which you can be most comfortable both physically and emotionally. You may be asked by your provider to move during your visit so make sure you have room to move! You want to be able to share information freely with your provider, so other people in the room may not provide enough privacy. The more comfortable you are in your surroundings, the better the outcome of the visit will be.
- Wear comfortable clothes that allow for movement that can be seen over video. Having snug fitting clothes allows for your provider to assess how parts of your body move to determine the best intervention.
- Be safe. Please do not try to have a telehealth visit while driving or performing other activities that may cause harm.
- Location. Choose a location that is quiet and private without distractions. This is a healthcare appointment and distractions can make the appointment challenging for everyone. Removing distractions will allow you to focus fully on your learning and your healing.
- Choose a Consistent Location. Using the same space for every visit allows for your provider to know what equipment and furniture is available for treatment.