November 16th, 2022
Physical activity is a vital part of our lives. It can help us maintain good health and well-being while reducing the risk of illness and disease. However, only some get the recommended physical activity levels to maintain these benefits.
Plan Your Day
Planning helps you stay on track, avoid distractions, and resist procrastination. If you plan your day in a way that allows for physical activity, it will be challenging to incorporate exercise into your schedule as an afterthought or at the last minute.
Start Slow and Build Up
The best way to increase your activity level is to start slow. If you try to do more exercise too fast, it's easy to get discouraged when your body doesn't respond as you'd hoped. Instead of changing everything at once, focus on making small changes that will translate into big ones over time.
Set Small, Achievable Goals
Setting small, achievable goals is a great way to stay motivated. If you're trying to move more throughout the day, start with something simple like taking one more walk around the block than usual.
Do It Every Day
Consistency is key. You can do a little exercise every day, or even every week.
Take a Walk Before Work, at Lunch, or After Work
Walking is one of the ultimate popular physical activities the in the world, and for a good reason. It's free, can be done anywhere, and you can do it alone or with friends. Walking also has many health benefits.
Take the Stairs
This is one of the easiest ways you can increase your physical activity. Opt for taking the stairs over taking the elevator instead. Take as many flights of stairs as possible on lower floors to get from one floor to another.
Park in the Farthest Spot
- Park in the farthest spot.
- Walk more.
- Join a gym with a pool so you'll be encouraged to go regularly, or buy an exercise bike so that any time of day will be suitable for working out.
Get a Dog
Having a dog is the most effective way to be more physically active. Dogs are great because they make you go on walks and run around with them.
Play Games With Your Kids
You can play games with your children or other kids in your neighborhood.
- Tag: This is a great game to play with kids, and it doesn't require any equipment or special skills. Kids will run around and try to touch each other while avoiding being tagged by the person who's "it."
- Hide-and-Seek: Another classic childhood favorite, hide-and-seek can be played outdoors or indoors, depending on what kind of weather you have on hand.
- The catch: Many children grow up playing catch with either friends or family members, whether throwing balls back and forth over distances between houses down in suburbia or tossing beach balls into waves at beaches.
Dancing is an excellent method to get your heart rate up and improve your fitness level. There are plenty of ways to start dancing, even if you've never taken a class. Most dance classes are open for beginners and focus on learning the basics of different styles.
Remember that the best thing is to start somewhere. You don't have to make bold changes to become more physically active. These are just a few ways to increase physical activity without spending much time or money.